You don’t need to own a restaurant, or even know how to cook rice, to enjoy rice as one of your favorite side dishes. When you’re tired after a long day at work and all you want to do is come home and relax with a nice warm bowl of rice, the last thing you probably want to do is spend an hour at the stove cooking it.
Fortunately, there are many ways that you can save yourself time while still having delicious rice. The best way is by using your kitchen appliances like a Zojirushi Rice Cooker.
There is a Zoji for every size, design and functionality so it would be a challenging task to find the one. In this article, we compare Zojirushi NS-TSC10 vs NS-LGC05XB side by side so you could figure out which one would best suit your household. Let’s get to work!
Zojirushi NS-TSC10 vs NS-LGC05XB Rice Cooker Comparison
|Features||Zojirushi NS-TSC10||Zojirushi NS-LGC05XB|
|Dimensions||14x10.1x8.5 Inches||11.88x9.12x7.5 Inches|
|Material||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel|
|Color||Stainless Steel / Brown||Stainless Steel / Black|
|Weight||12 lb||10 lb|
|Cooking Size||5.5 Cups (Uncooked)||3 Cups (Uncooked)|
|Cooking Menu||White/Sushi, Mixed, Porridge, Sweet, Brown, Cake, Steam, & Quick Cooking||White/Mixed Rice, Sushi Rice, Brown Rice, GABA Brown Rice, Long Grain White Rice, Steel Cut Oatmeal, & Quick Cooking|
|Control Panel||Buttons, Digital Display||Buttons, Digital Display|
|Additional Features||Keep Warm, Extended Keep Warm, Reheat, Micro computerized Fuzzy logic technology||Keep Warm, Reheat, Advanced Fuzzy Logic|
|Inner Pot||Spherical Nonstick||Spherical Nonstick|
|Accessories||Measuring Cup, Spatula, Spatula holder||Spatula, Spatula holder, Measuring cup|
|Warranty||1 Year||1 Year|
|Amazon Rating||4.7/5 Star (9.3K Reviews)||4.8/5 Star (4.3K Reviews)|
|Best Price||Buy on Amazon||Buy on Amazon|
Difference Between Zojirushi NS-TSC10 Vs NS-LGC05XB Rice Cooker
Zojirushi NS-TSC10 and NS-LGC05XB comes from the MICOM range of rice cookers which – if you don’t know – means is that the rice cooker is equipped with a microcomputer which is not only capable of recalling your most used and most recent settings but also making minor adjustments in temperature and cooking time so your rice comes out with perfect doneness every single time.
Packed with a range of amazing cooking functions, both rice cookers make cooking a pleasant experience. Not only that, once the cooking cycle ends, they automatically keep the rice warm for several hours so you don’t have to reheat every now and then.
Here is how they are different from each other!
Appearance & Design
Zojirushi rice cookers are known for innovative design and latest cooking technology and Zojirushi NS-TSC10 and NS-LGC05XB are a combination of both. The oval-shaped design, perfect placement of controls, steam vent, stay cool handle, and digital display makes them stand out of the crowd.
Zojirushi NS-TSC10 measures 14×10.1×8.5 Inches whereas Zojirushi NS-LGC05XB measures 11.88×9.12×7.5 Inches which clearly is smaller in size. It also weighs about 10 pounds while the former weighs 12 pounds. however, both rice cookers are compact enough to fit well on most kitchen counters without eating up a lot of your counter real estate.
The NS-TSC10 features stainless steel /brown exterior while NS-LGC05XB has a stainless steel /black exterior. We found NS-TSC10 more appealing, you may have your own color preferences.
A rice cooker’s cooking capacity is measured in cups(uncooked). Zojirushi NS-TSC10 has a cooking capacity of 5.5 cups (uncooked) which means it will yield approximately 11 cups of cooked rice which is more than enough for a small and medium family of 3-5 members.
Zojirushi NS-LGC05XB has a cooking capacity of 3 cups (uncooked) only which yields about 6 cups of cooked rice; enough for a small family of 2-3 members.
Not just rice, Zojirushi rice cookers allow you to prepare porridge, steam veggies and seafood, oatmeal for a quick breakfast, and your favorite cake. Yes! A Cake in a Rice Cooker!
Zojirushi NS-TSC10 has 8 menu settings to cook a variety of meals. Using a steam basket, the steam setting allows you to steam veggies while rice cooks below simultaneously.
- Quick Cooking
Zojirushi NS-LGC05XB has 7 menu settings as listed below.
- White/Mixed Rice
- Sushi Rice
- Brown Rice
- GABA Brown Rice
- Long Grain White Rice
- Steel Cut Oatmeal
- Quick Cooking
Similarities: Zojirushi NS-LGC05XB vs NS-TSC10
- The two rice cookers have more in common than they have in difference. Here are key similarities that you might want to know before getting one for your household.
- Both rice cookers have durable stainless-steel construction which means they could last for years without breaking down.
- In terms of control panel, both rice cookers have buttons and a digital display to show cooking progress.
- The cookers have keep warm, reheat, fuzzy logic technology and delay timer feature to elevate your cooking experience.
- Both cookers have a spherical nonstick coated inner cooking pot for superb heat distribution. The nonstick coating prevents the food from sticking to the surface hence makes cleaning a smooth affair.
- The nonstick coated pot and other accessories are dishwasher safe.
- With both rice cookers, you get a rice measuring cup, a spatula and a spatula holder.
- Both rice cookers are backed by Zojirushi one-year limited warranty.
Quick Overview of Zojirushi NS-TSC10 Micom Rice Cooker
- Micro computerized fuzzy logic technology. Capacity Up to 5.5 cups / 1.0 liter,Dimensions (W x D x H) 10-1/8 x...
- Automatic keep warm, extended keep warm and reheating cycle
- Easy to clean clear coated stainless steel exterior, 2 delay time settings
Quick Overview of Zojirushi NS-LGC05XB Micom Rice Cooker
- Multi-menu cooking functions: Special settings for white/mixed riced, sushi rice, brown rice, GABA brown rice,...
- Triple heater (bottom, side and lid) generate heat all around for even heating.Up to 3 cups / 0.54 liter....
- Dimensions (W x D x H):9-1/8 x 11-7/8 x 7-1/2 inches. Detachable and washable inner lid
Verdict: Zojirushi NS-TSC10 vs NS-LGC05XB Rice Cooker
There is no question about overall built quality, cooking performance and premium features that you get with either of the two Zojirushi rice cookers which is clearly indicated by tons of reviews by 94% satisfied and happy customers on Amazon.
It all comes down to the set of features you are looking for in your rice cooker and the cooking capacity that suits your family. For small families, Zojirushi NS-LGC05XB is a fine choice whereas for medium and large families, Zojirushi NS-TSC10 5.5 cup rice cooker would be a perfect fit. If its small, you can go for the bigger variant with 10 cups cooking capacity as well.
Which one are you taking home? Let us know your thoughts on whether this comparison has helped you make a decision.
Other Rice Cooker Comparisons:
Leave a Comment