George Foreman ggr50b vs gfo240s… Grilling has become extremely popular in recent years, and for good reason. Grilling is a healthy way to prepare food because it uses direct heat instead of oil or fat. It also adds wonderful flavor from the smoke produced from the dry heat.
If you love to grill but don’t have a lot of space or you simply don’t want to deal with all the mess that comes with a traditional grill, you may want to consider getting an electric grill. These grills are becoming quite popular because they take up much less space than other types of grills, and they’re very easy to use.
George Foreman is known for manufacturing state of the art electric grills which can be used indoor and outdoor for a perfect grilling experience. In this article, we are going to compare George Foreman ggr50b vs gfo240s side by side to see how the two models differ in terms of features and functionality.
Let’s get on with it!
George Foreman ggr50b vs gfo240s Comparison Table
Features George Foreman GGR50B George Foreman GFO240S
Product Dimensions 22.2x17.9x13 Inches 21x20.5x11 Inches
Material Stainless Steel Stainless Steel
Color Silver Silver
Weight 21 lbs 15.93 lbs
Grilling Surface 240 Square Inches 240 Square Inches
Nonstick Grill Coating Yes Yes
Lid Dome shaped Dome shaped
Lid Type Vented Solid
Drip tray Yes Yes
Removable Grilling Plate Yes No
Temperature Control Yes Yes
Heat Settings 5 5
Cooking Capacity 15 Servings 15 Servings
Grill Stand Yes Yes
Clean up Dishwasher Safe Dishwasher Safe
Wattage 1600W 1440W
Warranty 3 Year Limited Warranty 3 Year Limited Warranty
Amazon Rating 4.7/5 Star 4.6/5 Star
Best Price Buy on Amazon Buy on Amazon
Key Differences: George Foreman GGR50B Vs GFO240S
The George Foreman ggr50b and gfo240s are excellent electric grills that can be used both indoor and outdoor. George Foreman electric grills are probably affordable in comparison to many rival electric grills. Furthermore, if we talk about Ninja electric grills, they are meant to be used indoor for they don’t come with a stand.
George Foreman ggr50b and gfo240s are 99% identical in construction, design, cooking capacity and rest of the features. There are however a few differences that are listed below:
- George Foreman ggr50b weighs 21 pounds while gfo240s only weighs 16 pounds.
- George Foreman ggr50b has vent in the lid while gfo240s comes with a solid lid with no vents.
- George Foreman ggr50b is a 1600W grill whereas George Foreman gfo240s make use of 1440 Watts of power.
- George Foreman ggr50b has a removable grilling plate while gfo240s doesn’t have the removable plate.
Now that we have learned the differences, let’s explore some of the key features of both models and we’ll leave for you to decide which one should you buy for your household.
Construction & Design
The George Foreman electric grill is a great choice for anyone looking for an easy-to-use, durable and reliable grill. The stainless-steel construction and dome-shaped lid design make it perfect for indoor or outdoor use, while the firm and stable stand ensures a safe grilling experience. Whether you’re grilling up a steak, chicken or veggies, the George Foreman electric grill is sure to make your next meal a success.
Grilling is mainly associated with backyard, friends and family however, in case weather isn’t that supportive of the activity, remove the stand and it will turn into an indoor electric grill. Place the grill on the kitchen counter and keep on grilling baby!
The silver dome and black grilling plate look attractive and blend right into any kitchen. The grilling plate gives you a total of 240 square inches of grilling space, enough to cook for about 15 servings in a jiffy.
Talk about the operation. Its straightforward and easy to follow. The grills have a dial to use and set the temperature out of 5 available settings from lower to highest temperature which enables you to cook a wide variety of ingredients. The grills easily can reach about 600F and thanks to the embedded heating elements, the heat is distributed perfectly and equal to make sure everything is cooked evenly.
The amount of smoke that comes out of the grill is just right for the typical grilled food taste and it will not bother the neighbors at all.
To operate either of the two models, one hardly requires any assistance or manual consultation. The grills come with 5 temperature settings to choose in accordance to the ingredients being cooked. The grease produced during grilling goes into a drip tray which is designed to be removable just like the grilling plate and both are dishwasher safe. Say no to spending hours for messy cleanup which is essential of a traditional gas grill.
One of the flaws we noticed in the design is the shot stand which is not tall enough and one has to bend a little while adding, flipping or removing the food.
Although George Foreman grills are well received in the market, however, George Foreman ggr50b is one of the bestsellers on Amazon with an impressive 4.7/5-star rating and 15 thousand reviews out of which 91% are positive and satisfactory with the performance.
On the other hand, George Foreman gfo240s has received 4.6/5 star rating and 1.8K reviews out of which 89% are content with the performance.
Quick Overview of George Foreman GGR50B Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill
- George Tough Nonstick Coating - There's a lot to love about this nonstick coating; it's durable, easy to...
- Indoor or Outdoor Removable Stand - Don't let the weather keep you from the glory of grilling; the...
- Adjustable Temperature Control - The temperature probe lets you choose from five heat settings to get the best...
The Good √
- Apartment approved indoor and outdoor grill
- Adjustable temperature control with 5 settings
- Huge 240 Square inches cooking surface
- Fast heating up, Even cooking
- Removable drip tray and grilling plate
- Dishwasher safe removable parts
- Removable stand
The Bad ×
- Too big for kitchen counters
- Grease stains the kitchen counter
Quick Overview of George Foreman GFO240S Electric Grill
- 15+ servings - it’s tailgate time! The 240 square inches of circular grilling surface lets you make over 15...
- Apartment-approved - your landlord will love this grill just as much as you do. The fully electric system...
- Adjustable temperature control - perfect heat is the secret ingredient. The temperature probe lets you choose...
The Good √
- Adjustable thermostat with 5 settings
- Reaches about 600F in a jiffy
- Even heat distribution
- Spacious grilling plate
- Removable parts are dishwasher safe
The Bad ×
- The grill plate is not removable
- Not suitable for small spaces
Conclusion: George Foreman GGR50B Vs GFO240S
So, which one should you choose between George Foreman ggr50b vs gfo240s? Both foreman grills offer impressive grilling performance through swift heat distribution however, we would recommend going with George Foreman ggr50b for it has a removable drip tray and grilling plate which is dishwasher safe as well. This is not the case with foreman gfo240s and the grilling plate is not removable.
George foreman ggr50b also has superior quality in terms of material quality and construction and that’s one reason it is heavier in comparison with gfo240s. We hope this answers your query and you’d be able to choose the one suitable to your preferences.