Do you love cooking but hate the clean-up process? Do you sometimes feel like your oven is a black hole that sucks all the time and effort you put into meal prep? If so, you may be interested in purchasing a smart oven. Smart ovens are designed to make your cooking experience easier and less cluttered. In this post, we will discuss the features of smart ovens and provide five reasons why you should consider purchasing one for your home. Compare and contrast Breville Bambino vs Bambino Plus Espresso Machine with ease at Lemusecoffeeandwine.com.
The Breville Smart Oven 860 and the Breville Smart Oven 900 are two of the most popular ovens on the market. But which one is better? We’ll compare the two ovens side by side in terms of specs, features and functions and help you decide which one is right for you. Keep reading to learn more!
Breville Smart Oven 860 Vs 900 Comparison Table
Features Breville BOV860BSS Breville BOV900BSS
Dimensions 20x15x11 Inches 17.5x21.5x12.7 Inches
Material Stainless-Steel Stainless-Steel
Weight 28.6 lbs 38.9 lbs
Color Brushed Stainless Steel Brushed Stainless Steel
Controls Dials & Buttons Dials & Buttons
Cooking Functions 11 Cooking Functions: 13 Cooking Functions:
Toast, Bagel, Broil, Bake, Roast, Warm, Pizza, Air Fry, Reheat, Cookies & Slow Cook Toast, Bagel, Broil, Bake, Roast, Warm, Pizza, Proof, Air Fry, Reheat, Cookies, Slow Cook & Dehydrate
Interior Capacity 18.9x16.5x10.9 Inches 21.5x17.1x12.7 inches
Cooking Capacity 6 Slices of Bread, 13" Pizza, whole chicken, 9 cup muffin tray, 4.4 QT Dutch oven for Slow Cooking 9 Slices of bread, 14 Pound turkey, 5 QT Dutch oven, 9*13" Pans and 12 cups muffin tray
Oven Light Yes Yes
Nonstick Interior Yes Yes
Element IQ Yes Yes
Auto Eject Rack Yes Yes
Power 1800 Watt 1800 Watts
Heating Elements 5 Quartz Elements 6 Quartz Elements
Accessories Air Fry basket, Enamel Roasting Pan, 13" Non-Stick Pizza Pan, Wire Rack & a Broiling Rack 2 Oven Racks, 13" Pizza Pan, 9x13" Broil Rack, Enamel Roasting Pan & Mesh Basket Rack for Dehydrating & Air Frying
Warranty 1 Year Warranty 1 Year Warranty
Check Best Price Buy on Amazon Buy on Amazon
Key Difference Between Breville Smart Oven 860 Vs 900
The main difference between Breville Smart oven 860 vs 900 are:
- Breville 860 packs 11 cooking functions which are: Toast, Bagel, Broil, Bake, Roast, Warm, Pizza, Air Fry, Reheat, Cookies & Slow Cook while Breville 900 comes with impressive 13 cooking functions which are: Toast, Bagel, Broil, Bake, Roast, Warm, Pizza, Proof, Air Fry, Reheat, Cookies, Slow Cook & Dehydrate. In terms of versatility, Breville BOV900BSS is the winner!
- In terms of cooking capacity, Breville 860 can let you prepare 6 Slices of Bread, 13” Pizza, whole chicken, 9 cup muffin tray, 4.4 QT Dutch oven for Slow Cooking. On the other hand, Breville 900 can handle 9 Slices of bread, 14 Pound turkey, 5 QT Dutch oven, 9×13” Pans and 12 cups muffin tray.
- Last but not least, there is slight difference in dimensions and weight however, it is insignificant when it comes to cooking performance.
Breville Smart Oven BOV860BSS Accessories
Breville BOV860BSS comes with the following accessories:
- Air Fry basket
- Enamel Roasting Pan
- 13” Non-Stick Pizza Pan
- Wire Rack
- Broiling Rack
Breville Smart Oven BOV900BSS Accessories
Breville BOV900BSS comes with the following set of accessories:
- 2 Oven Racks
- 13” Pizza Pan
- 9×13” Broil Rack
- Enamel Roasting Pan
- Mesh Basket Rack for Dehydrating & Air Frying
Quick Overview of Breville BOV860BSS Smart Oven Air Fryer
- Impressive cooking performance
- Versatile and multifunctional
- Contemporary aesthetics
- Convenient controls
- Easy to clean
- Even heat distribution
- Large footprint
- Slight learning curve
Quick Overview of Breville BOV900BSS Smart Oven Air Fryer Pro
- Multitude of cooking functions
- Range of accessories
- Amazing performance
- Saves time and trouble of using multiple pots
- User friendly interface
- Complaints about sides getting warm
- There are cheaper alternatives
Verdict: Breville Smart Oven 860 Vs 900
The Breville Smart Oven 860 and 900 are both high-quality, countertop ovens that offer a variety of features. So, which one is the best choice for you?
- The Breville Smart Oven 860 has 11 cooking functions, while the 900 has 13. If you plan on using your oven frequently for specific tasks (like baking or broiling), then it might be worth upgrading to the 900 model. However, if you don’t need all of those extra functions and want to save some money, the 860 would be a good option.
- Both models come with a 1-year limited warranty.
- Both ovens have Element IQ technology that adjusts power levels and cooking times accordingly, ensuring perfect results every time. They also feature an LCD screen with countdown timer so you can keep track of your food’s progress without having to open the door (which retains heat and slows down cooking). The ovens also have automatic shutoff when finished cooking or when timer goes off so you don’t have to worry about overcooking or burning your food.
Overall, both models are great choices for anyone looking for a premium countertop oven with lots of features. Decide what’s important to you – more preprogrammed functions or a larger size – and go from there!